First "official" post, so a little bit of background. I'm going to do a list each week with a photo, that way we can see the progress! This first one will be a bit more involved info-wise then we'll try and to keep it shorter from here on out. :)
Due Date: April 5th, 2012
Musings on the Weekly Photo: The "bump" sure changes a lot between morning and night, and also seems to depend on where baby is hanging out. Ah, the joys of a long torso. Most of the time, I just look like I had one too many cupcakes. Side note: I always take these photos after my morning walk, so that justifies my "workout" wear in every. single. picture.
Marination Time: 18(ish) weeks. I technically switch on Thursdays, so today is *officially* 18 weeks, but my due date has been fluctuating about a week at the doc, i.e. the "ish."
Weight Gain: Well, during the first trimester I lost about 10 pounds, so in this category I'll do a "net weight gain." I also wasn't weighing myself regularly before getting pregnant, so it's really an estimate. As of my last appointment (10/5), I was "net" -8 I think? Next appointment is Monday!
Maternity Clothes: I can wear most of my regular clothes but workout clothes, jeans with a BeBand and maternity pants are way more comfortable. Any pressure on the belly is a no-go.
Fruit of the Week: Grapefruit!
Name: Don't worry Mom, "Cletus the Fetus" isn't going to stick. We do have a boy's name we really like, but won't make any decisions until we meet the little gal/guy. Girl's names have been, needless to say, a big challenge (more on that tomorrow). We also don't plan on really sharing them with people. I'm paranoid I'll end up hating the name if we share it too often. Plus, in the end, it's our decision not anyone else's!
Gender: Still on Team Green aka we're not planning on finding out. But I will say that I think it's a boy and Mike thinks it's a girl. We shall see who prevails! Muahaha.
Movement: Periodically. I felt the first "flutter" the Tuesday before we left for Japan (Oct. 4th), then for sure felt movement during and after the Tae Ko performance in Okinawa on Oct. 13th. What a hoot! Baby was having a party! Future drummer kid. Last week was the first time I actually saw my belly moving - there were definite kicks instead of flutters. And Mike got to feel him/her too! Now it has abated a bit. It definitely seems to depend on where baby is hanging out as to whether or not I get to feel anything. My torso is so long, he's still got a lot of space to hang out in thus far!
Cravings: Sandwiches! Especially from Subway - but only veggies or BLTs. I also crave straight red meat (cheeseburgers and steaks, specifically) which is wierd since I don't like red meat. Can you say iron deficiency?
Annoyances: Mid-afternoon I definitely hit a lull and god forbid I'm anywhere with people at that time. I'm not so nice.
Highlights of the Week: Baby-wise, more kicks! Life-wise, we got a new puppy! His name is Reef and he's been great to keep me distracted and active. Tired puppies are good puppies = lots and lots of walks! Izzy loves him.

No comments:
Post a Comment