Thursday, January 5, 2012

27 weeks

























Due Date: April 5th

Musings on the Weekly Photo: I <3 Instagram. Anyhoo... I feel like I haven't grown much according to pictures but when I look down, I feel huge. Good news is that I can still see my feet!

Marination Time: 27 weeks

Weight Gain: Net (+9) as of doc appointment on 12/29 (next appointment is tomorrow, Jan. 6th).

Maternity Clothes: Probably the same, I haven't really gotten dressed this week. Errrr...

Fruit of the Week: Still hanging out in eggplant land.

Name: We have lists, but now Mike is hemming and hawing about some of the names being "just okay" but has no suggestions to replace them! Ugh. The problem with large families? All of the traditional names we're attracted to are already taken. Also, our number one boy's name (if it fits the little bugger) was on the top ten list for 2011. Double ugh. Big issue? Even though it's a family name, and even though we've had it picked out for years, I'm waffling because I'm not a huge fan of saddling my kid with the same name as five of his little buddies (if it's a boy). Grr. As for girl names, we have a middle name pretty much decided upon, but first names are a lot more of "it's just okay." Maybe we'll just name the kid Baby...

Gender: Team Green

Movement: "Party Rock" for sure. Maybe the betamethazone gave baby some extra muscles? 'Cuz s/he has got some oomph behind those kicks and punches. Since bebe is head down now, s/he is kicking my lungs and I'm a little bit short of breath!

Cravings/Aversions: This week I can't get enough salad.

Annoyances: There's that whole pre-term labor thing... The nifedipine makes me really dizzy, nauseous and tired which Mike says is to be expected since it's a BP med and my blood pressure was super-low to begin with (at the hospital, I was averaging 106/58). I also have been having contractions periodically, some more uncomfortable than others. It definitely gets worse at night, but once morning rolls around they seem to calm down. At this point I'm worried I won't know if/when I need to go back to the hospital - especially considering when they hospitalized me last week, I tried to talk my doctor out of it since I "felt fine." Um, no, apparently you're not fine...

Highlights of the Week: I've been playing catch-up on photo stuff since I'm house-bound and cleaning/vacuuming isn't allowed. I also got my iPhone! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment