Friday, January 6, 2012
Baby D Update + Third Trimester!
So we had our 27-week appointment this morning, technically my "original" appointment before last week's debacle but now more of a follow-up from the hospitalization. In addition to my one-hour glucose screening, Dr. Farias went ahead and did an ultrasound to make sure Baby D still looks a-okay (S/he does! Everything measures on track and bebe weighs about 2lb 4oz.) She also wanted to check and make sure my cervix hasn't shortened anymore in the last week (Which it hasn't! Hurray!) Baby D was back to hanging out transverse today, a two-edged sword of sorts. Good because s/he isn't head down and pushing down on my cervix, causing it to further efface. Bad because if s/he remains that way or if something were to happen, our only option is a c-section. I will take transverse Baby D not shortening my cervix for $200, Alex! Obviously s/he has a ton of time to flip, which is very likely especially considering s/he is so active, but vanity aside, I am definitely not averse to a c-section if it keeps him/her in as long as possible.
So now we are officially in the third trimester. Man, how time flies! We weren't supposed to get any more peeks at the little bugger between now and delivery but because of our situation, doc wants to go ahead and do an ultrasound at each appointment to keep an eye on things. Darn, I guess I'll just have to look at that cute little baby face a few more times! As for said situation, I'm still on partial bedrest but have regained limited privileges to leave the house. Still no dog-walking, no heavy cleaning and no travel, but if I need milk I am allowed to drive to the store - as long as I "park close and don't go to Costco." Haha. Basically, the way she put it is that we can a) let me stay home and be comfortable, as long as I take it easy or b) throw me in the hospital for an indeterminate amount of time. She feels pretty confident that I'm in-tune enough with my body that having me at home is not a problem, so I'm going to try my best to be good so I can stay home! It's hard because I don't feel that bad, but of course, I didn't feel "that bad" last week when she admitted me. I guess I just have to listen to my body and not push it, then regret it!
Mike did ask about our soccer tickets to Phoenix and we got the "Ehhhhh let's see..." face. It doesn't help that there's really no way to drop me off close to the game - I'll have to walk at least a mile from the parking lot to the stadium, which is a definite no-no. She did say that if everything looks okay and I haven't progressed at all between now and the next appointment, it might be okay... if I can get dropped off. So my next appointment is in two weeks, which isn't anything out of the ordinary for a normal pregnancy, and we shall see if USA v. Venezuela is in my future. (Doubtful, considering the game is the day after my appointment - we'll need to find a taker for the ticket long before then.)
Keep those fingers crossed that Baby D stays put for a while! And I will promise to take it easy...
Cheers~
Mike, Di and Baby D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment